Short Term Accommodation / Respite
Short Term Accommodation / Respite is offered to families of children or adults with disabilities and high support needs through Carpentaria’s Home Away From Home program, providing short periods of time in a home setting with peers and support people.
Short Term Accommodation / Respite provisions are tailored to meet individual client and family needs.
The Home Away From Home program provides:
- Regular opportunities for families to take time out from day to day care responsibilities
- A person-centred and family-centred approach
- A safe and nurturing home environment for people with disabilities, along with opportunities for social engagement and group activities
- Support for families to develop community networks, support systems, skills and routines, as well as to build family capacity
- A user friendly and open-door service
Participants will take part in activities they enjoy and could include swimming, horse riding, BBQs and picnics.
Carpentaria offers a responsive and flexible service, which is designed to meet the needs of your family. One off or sporadic requests for support are accommodated whenever possible.
The referral form for Short Term Accommodation / Respite is available here.