Responding to COVID-19
Carpentaria remains focused on the safety and wellbeing of participants and staff and ongoing infection controls remain in place. We are closely monitoring the impact as the COVID-19 situation develops in other parts of Australia.
As an essential service provider working alongside people with compromised immunity and other conditions, best practice for the disability sector is a pro-active approach to ensure measures are well established prior to any potential risk of infection.
Please be aware of the additional measures we have introduced across Carpentaria programs to ensure the health and safety of Carpentaria participants and staff.
Before you plan a visit to a Carpentaria house or program:
- Please don’t visit if you have travelled interstate in the past 14 days
- Please don’t visit if you are unwell
- Please don’t visit if you are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
When you visit:
- You are required to complete a visitor register, to assist in tracking and tracing if required
- Your temperature will be checked with a contactless thermometer and recorded on the visitor register. If your temperature is 37.8 degrees or more you will be asked not to visit
- Please sanitise your hands upon entering and before touching any surfaces, participants or staff
- Please maintain physical distancing where possible
We also request that all Allied Health professionals delivering therapy in Carpentaria’s accommodation and day programs wear a face mask while visiting.
We take the safety of Carpentaria participants and staff very seriously and thank you for your assistance in protecting participants and staff during this time.
Please contact 8920 9400 if any further information is required.