Key Word Sign workshop
The workshop covers:
• Identification of communication, Key Word Sign and Gesture
• How sign supports communication and who signing is used with
• Knowledge of interactive gestures, finger spelling and Interactive Sign Vocabulary 1 & 2
• Using sign and gesture in everyday activities
• Choosing useful vocabulary tailored to the individual
The workshop is suitable for:
• Parents/carers, family and community members
• Childcare and disability services employees
• Teachers, educators and Support Workers
• Allied Health professionals
• Anyone interested in Key Word Sign
Workshop attendees receive:
• ‘Getting Started with Key Word Sign’ booklet
• Certificate of completion
Time and date:
Tickets are $150 for the full day workshop.
About the facilitator:
Amy Southwood is a practicing Speech Pathologist with Carpentaria Therapy Services and a fully trained and qualified Key Word Sign Australia presenter. She is passionate about creating communication friendly environments for everyone in our community.
Catering is included.
* Workshops will be offered regularly throughout the year