Therapy Services for Children and Adolescents
Carpentaria provides services for children and young people aged between 0 – 18 years. Our therapists incorporate a multi-disciplinary team of Allied Health therapy professionals, including Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Psychologists who are especially equipped to work with children and teenagers.
- Specific, functional developmental therapies to address speech and language difficulties
- Play and other life skills (eg schooling demands)
- Physical development (fine and gross motor skills)
- Psychological issues, which may be seen as difficult behaviour, including skills development for parents to better work with their child
As at Tuesday 24 March, Carpentaria’s Therapy Services program remains open for face-to-face appointments at Harry’s Place, 1 Willeroo Street, Tiwi. We have introduced additional sanitation and hygiene measures so that we can keep delivering face-to-face sessions in a safe and healthy way.
We can also offer Telehealth appointments throughout the changing COVID-19 situation. Telehealth can include videoconferencing, phone calls, emails and text or other direct messages and can provide you and your family with ongoing access to professional support.
We have developed a How to Zoom Tip Sheet to help you prepare for an online therapy appointment via Zoom. Your therapist can also provide additional details.
Please contact us on 8920 9400 if you have any questions or need any further details.
How we work
Carpentaria provides comprehensive evidence based therapy and family support services utilising a relationship based approach. We tailor our sessions to the individual needs, preferences and developmental level of each child or young person. Carpentaria works in partnership with families to ensure that we continue to meet the needs of the children and their families.
The way we work includes:
- Using a multi-disciplinary team approach including Speech Pathology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Psychology
- Support and guidance to help children and young people with important transitions such as starting or changing school or year levels
- Visits by therapists to the family home, preschool, day care centre and other settings to implement the therapy program
- Liaison with local and interstate services needed by the family, including medical and specialist services
Learn more about the Carpentaria’s therapy program in a 2 minute video here.
Carpentaria offers sessions to families under different funding models, including:
- NDIS – further information about Carpentaria services under the NDIS is available here
- Medicare Health Care Plans, including:
- Chronic Disease Management Plan
- Medicare Benefits for Individuals with Autism
- Allied Health Services under Medicare for people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent
- Better Access To Mental Care Plan
- (Your doctor will assist you to access an appropriate Medicare plan. Your rebate amount will depend on which plan you have. We can also provide you with further rebate information.)
- Private Health Insurance rebates may be available, depending on your policy. Talk to your private health provider for further information
- Fee for Service – parents can also elect to pay for each individual session
How do I refer my child?
Anyone can refer a child, including parents/carergivers, Paediatricians, NT Government Children’s Development Team, Early Childhood Australia and schools. Download a Request for Service form here.
Contact us for further details or to make an appointment.