Respite / Short Term Accommodation
Respite / Short Term Accommodation is offered to families of children or adults with disabilities and high support needs through Carpentaria’s Home Away From Home program, providing short periods of time in a home setting with peers and support people.
Respite / Short Term Accommodation provisions are tailored to meet individual client and family needs.
The Home Away From Home program provides:
- Regular opportunities for families to take time out from day to day care responsibilities
- A person-centred and family-centred approach
- A safe and nurturing home environment for people with disabilities, along with opportunities for social engagement and group activities
- Support for families to develop community networks, support systems, skills and routines, as well as to build family capacity
- A user friendly and open-door service
Participants will take part in activities they enjoy and could include swimming, horse riding, BBQs and picnics.
Carpentaria offers a responsive and flexible service, which is designed to meet the needs of your family. One off or sporadic requests for support are accommodated whenever possible.